TryWorks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Submission: Gershom

Go down

Submission: Gershom Empty Submission: Gershom

Post  Admin Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Superhero Character Application

Superhero Name: Gershom
Secret Identity: Currently he is known as Gordon Marshall
Origin: Altered Human
Origin History:
Once known as the Duke of Northumberland is on a Crusade to Jerusalem with other dukes and his King Edward I. After a long and deadly campaign to Jerusalem, they were being denied entrance into the city by the heathens. So he decided to take his camp to the East of Jerusalem. There they either by mistake or by the grace of God, found the Eastern entrance into the Garden of Eden. This garden's gate is guarded by the Cherubim and a flaming sword (Genesis 3:24). His men fight bravely and while the chaos was occurring, he found his way into the great Garden. There he eats of the Tree of Life. God finds out and, although He does not smite him, He does give him the name of Gershom ('Stranger There'), therefore cursing the Duke to forever be a stranger, constantly wandering through life waiting for God's forgiveness...or punishment. Centuries of trials and tribulations, Gershom still has not received his forgiveness. What must he do? Due to the strain of constant loss, Gershom decided to stay as a stranger on the planet, never settling too long among any one people. Although most of his past has been lost to father time, he does continue his fight against the heathens in the hope that one day he may be finally blessed with His forgiveness.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Weaknesses: [normal human weaknesses]

Stats:

Fighting: 25 (+1)
Agility: 35 (+2)
Strength: 15
Endurance: 20
Reasoning: 20
Intuition: 20 (+1)
Psyche: 15

Known Powers:
Agelessness (rank 4)
The hero with the Agelessness power has the ability to ever physically grow old. But instead, their psyche suffers from their past experiences throughout the ages, causing them to suffer from a type of self-inflicted amnesia. For every 3 ranks in this power, the hero gains a +1 to their intuition, since they have gained experience through their age. This power does not imply immortality, merely it states that the hero's rate of aging is slowed so greatly that it appears that the character never ages. No Energy cost.

Illusory Invisibility (rank 6)
This is not true Invisibility but is actually a clever simulation. The effects are nearly the same, anyway; the hero becomes effectively invisible to any living or artificial being. The hero actually remains visible but he can now surround himself with a holographic Illusion of empty space. This field can be limited to the hero's body or increased to cover a large area. The maximum radius of this effect is the number of feet equal to the power rank number. Energy cost +3 energy points per turn.

Talents:
-Sleep-it-off (rank 2)
The character has trained himself/herself to recover half their energy and a quarter of their health back after one turn of rest. While resting, the character is susceptible to all attacks and takes a -3 to their agility stat and a -4 to their endurance stat. After 10 ranks in this talent, the amount of health recovered is 50%. After 20 ranks, the amount of energy recovered is a full 100%. 30 ranks is the number of ranks required to fully heal both health and energy after two turns of rest.

-Archery (rank 3)
The hero can use any type of bow including bows or crossbows. The hero gains +2 bonus to their Agility to hit. May fire and reload in a single turn. He/she also receives +1 bonus to their Agility for determining initiative while equipped with a bow or crossbow. Both these bonuses increase by +1 every additional rank added to this talent.

-Martial Arts C (rank 2)
This form of martial arts concentrates on holds and escapes. The practitioner of this form gains a +2 to his/her Strength for grappling attacks (including damage), a +2 to their agility for purposes of dodging.

-Quick-Strike (rank 3)
All heroes with this talent are well trained in quickness in combat situations. They gain an additional attack if their fighting or agility is at least 2x more than the character they are trying to attack (Note: this depends on whether a ranged attack or melee attack is being used. Melee attacks use the fighting stat and ranged attacks use the agility). In addition, for every 3 ranks in this talent, the character gains a +1 to their fighting and a +2 to their agility. At 20 ranks, the hero with this talent automatically gets a second hit and for every 10 ranks afterwards an additional automatic attack is allowed to the hero.

Languages: Old English/Latin to Modern English

Initiative: 18
Popularity: 20 + 55 = 75
Resources: $50 + $500 (admin approved) = $550

Energy: 75
Health: 95

Inventory:
Briefcase with bolts and crossbow
Flask
Rosary
Crucifix
Brass Knuckles
Dagger
Cellphone

"...give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God." -Proverbs 30: 8-9

Admin
Admin

https://kuaiacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down